Holiday Treats: White Hot Chocolate and Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
This holiday season, there's one convenient and accessible place to create multiple mouth-watering treats all at once. The uniquely designed Crock-Pot® Swing and Serve™ Slow Cooker makes entertaining - and making several desserts all at once - quite easy.
At the base of this slow cooker is a 3.5-quart crock. The upper level opens to reveal two 1.5-quart crocks that swing out for ease of serving and then close again, to optimize storage space. Each of the three units can cook simultaneously at its own temperature, all while saving you extra counter space and dirty dishes. This model even makes hosting easy, as your guests can serve themselves from all three crocks and help themselves to the utensils and napkins so conveniently located in the slow cooker's center caddy. You can even leave each of the units on the WARM setting to keep desserts and dishes at the perfect temperature for when your friends go back for seconds.
Give these three recipes a try and share the confectionery delight with all your loved ones:
White Hot Chocolate
Rich and creamy, this festive white hot chocolate recipe is perfect for holiday parties, potlucks and gatherings. With hardly any preparation at all, you'll be able to delight your friends and neighbors with a savory warm treat on a brisk winter evening. Best of all, this hot chocolate can be topped with the delicious pumpkin coconut caramel sauce recipe below.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package (12 ounces) white vanilla baking chips
- Coffee-flavored liqueur, if desired (1 ounce per serving)
- Whipped cream and marshmallows, for topping
- Crushed candy canes, for topping
- Add whipping cream, milk, vanilla and white vanilla baking chips to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring every so often.
- Heat until baking chips are completely melted and mixture is hot.
- Stir in coffee-flavored liqueur if desired.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with marshmallows and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top.
- To keep the rest of your hot chocolate ready, turn your slow cooker to the WARM setting.
Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
For those of you who love caramel sauce, you will swoon over this cinnamon and pumpkin-infused version. Warm and sweet, this caramel sauce serves perfectly over festive holiday treats, poured over hot chocolate or stirred into your morning coffee.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 ground allspice
- 1/8 ground cardamom
- A pinch of cloves
- Add all ingredients to the 1.5-quart crock of your slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Pour over mug of white hot chocolate from recipe above or store in your refrigerator.
- Double this recipe and pour half into each of the 1.5-quart crocks to make more, if desired.