Kitchen Essentials: Which Slow Cooker is Right for You?
If you don't already have one of these revolutionary, time-saving kitchen essentials, wait no longer! Whether you're a first-time buyer, looking for a new slow cooker to add to your collection or interested in an upgrade on your traditional classic slow cooker, consider this guide.
For the All Around Chef: Crock-Pot® 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker
If you thought slow-cooking couldn't get any better, think again. The Crock-Pot® Brand has transformed the art of slow cooking once again with the brand-new, state-of-the-art Multi-Cooker. Integrating browning/sauteing, roasting, steaming, baking and slow cooking together in one appliance, there's nothing the Crock-Pot® 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker can't do! The 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker makes the cooking process seamless, convenient and easy, especially for multi-step recipes that require more than one method of cooking. Need to brown your beef before slow cooking the chili? No problem, the brown/saute function can take care of that for you. Then, just simply switch the function to slow cook and you're on your way to serving the best-tasting chili in town. It performs just like your stovetop and oven for steaming, roasting and baking too. There's no need to use your conventional range when you have the Crock-Pot® 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker.
1. Brown/Satue - This versatile setting can be used as a first step for meal prep, like searing roasts to lock in juices or browning meats for tacos and stew. You can also cook tender, delicious sautéed dinners with adjustable high and low temperature settings.
2. Steam - A large capacity steaming rack inserts easily into the cooking bowl to prepare an array of foods when you want something light and delicious. The steam function shuts off automatically to ensure meals are cooked perfectly, with less fat and more nutrition.
3. Roast - Serve tender, juicy meat entrees, delicious sides and more with mistake-proof results. Like a traditional oven, the Crock-Pot® Multi-Cooker temperature ranges from 150°F – 450°F for slow and low roasting or high, crispy-browned roasting.
4. Bake - Choose to bake directly in the cook bowl or use the rack insert to set your baking dish on. Temperature ranges from 150°F – 450°F and you can also set the baking time needed. With the Crock-Pot® Multi-Cooker, whipping up hot appetizers, tasty breads and more is really a piece of cake.
5. Slow Cook - Set cooking time from 30 minutes to 12 hours, and then let dinner cook itself for hearty, flavorful meals for everyone to enjoy. Choose from high, low or warm cook settings with up to 12 hour timer.
The Large Family or Entertainer: Crock-Pot® 8-Quart Manual Slow Cooker
Whether you need a large capacity slow cooker for everyday meals, entertaining or special occasion dinners, the Crock-Pot® 8-Quart Manual Slow Cooker is the perfect choice. With easy manual functions, you can prepare ingredients and set it to cook on LOW or HIGH setting. The WARM setting keeps food at an ideal serving temperature so your hungry crowd can casually enjoy their meal if you're serving a buffet style holiday spread or feeding your busy family on a typical week night.
- Glass lid and stoneware are both dishwasher-safe.
- 8-quart capacity serves 10+ people.
- Polished silver, stainless steel exterior with black accents for a sleek design.
- Convenient WARM setting.
For the Easy, One-Dish Meal: Crock-Pot® Programmable Casserole Crock Slow Cooker
If you love serving a hearty, one-dish casserole or a meaty pasta bake, try the Crock-Pot® Programmable Casserole Crock Slow Cooker. The unique stoneware is sized just right for 9" x 13" casseroles and is oven-safe for use in both the slow cooker base or in a conventional oven. You can make everyone's favorite desserts too like brownies, cakes and bread pudding. Best of all, with its locking lid design, you can easily "make it and take it" over to friends' & families' homes - no need to transfer dishes, just slow cook and go!
The programmable control panel allows for versatile cook times, anywhere from 30 minutes to 20 hours on low or high temperature settings. Counting down the remaining cook time, the digital timer lets you know exactly when your dish is ready.
- Cook & Carry locking lid system for spill-proof travel.
- Cord wrap system provides convenience for transport.
- When cook time is complete, the casserole crock automatically shifts to the WARM setting.
- Both stoneware and glass lid are dishwasher-safe.
The Traveling Chef: Crock-Pot® Single Hand Cook & Carry
Transporting slow cooked meals has been perfected with the new Crock-Pot® Single Hand Cook & Carry® 6-Quart Oval Slow Cooker. Giving you a free hand to close the door, open your trunk or ring the bell, this slow cooker is all about portability. Simply lock, grab and go to bring your tasty dish over to the neighbor's house, to a family picnic or to your next office party. Complete with the programmable cooking features, such as a countdown digital timer, WARM setting and removable-stoneware, this slow cooker has it all:
- Easy-grip handle for single-hand carrying
- A cord management system to keep your cord securely wrapped while transporting
- Secure-fit locking lid
- Countdown digital timer.
- Automatically shifts to WARM when cook time is complete.
- Dishwasher-safe stoneware and glass lid.
The Modernized Tradionalist: Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Stovetop-Safe Cooking Pot
To enhance convenience and to once again transform meal prep time, Crock-Pot® has introduced the optimal, one-pot solution. The Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Stovetop-Safe Cooking Pot has an innovative stovetop-safe pot that allows you to go from stovetop cooking right back to your slow cooker without any hassle. For all of those slow cooking recipes that require two steps, you'll never again have to worry about dirtying extra pots and pans. With this slow cooker's double-duty removable DuraCeramic™ cooking pot, you gain the convenience of browning, searing or sauteing ingredients directly on the stovetop before placing the pot back into the slow cooker to finish cooking.
And, you'll never lose flavor by switching between pans and appliances!
- The DuraCeramic™ stovetop-safe cooking pot is designed with an easy-to-clean, PTFE/PFOA free nonstick coating for convenient, healthier cooking.
- Goes from stovetop to slow cooker base to simplify browning and sauteing process for easier slow cooking experience.
- Keep WARM setting with indicator light will automatically illuminate once your dish has finished cooking.
- Digital timer gives you countdown cooking time options of increments anywhere from 30 minutes to 20 hours for optimal flexibility.
- The 6-quart capacity feeds 7+ family members, party guests or coworkers.