Creative Recipes for Slow-Cooked Pasta
What do you get when you cross a box of pasta with the Crock-Pot® Programmable Casserole CrockTM Slow Cooker? You get pasta night reinvented! These delicious slow cooker recipes designed for the Casserole CrockTM Slow Cooker make impressive, tasty dishes you can serve at home, or take with you to friends and family. Locking lid design ensures there are no spills or messes on the way.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Ziti
Sure you've had oven-baked chicken broccoli ziti, but have you ever tasted the zesty, rich flavors of this creamy Alfredo chicken broccoli ziti slow-cooked to perfection? If not, now is your chance!
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 jar garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/2 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash salt
- Dash red pepper flakes, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish.
- Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken into large pieces and place in the 3.5 quart casserole crock slow cooker. Cover with 1 cup chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 5 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Drain chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks.
- Layer the uncooked ziti among the chicken.
- Add remaining chicken broth, minced garlic, lemon pepper seasoning, ground pepper. Pour Alfredo sauce over casserole.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water. Pour mixture over everything in slow cooker.
- Chop the broccoli into fairly small pieces. Place the chopped broccoli evenly on top of the casserole mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until pasta is completely cooked through and broccoli is crisp.
- Remove lip and add layer of Parmesan cheese on top.
- Add salt and pepper flakes, to taste.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
Spicy Turkey Lasagna
Take the traditional lasagna dish up a notch with some lean ground turkey and a little kick of spice.
- 10 ounces lean, ground turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 carton light ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Italian five-cheese blend
- 3/4 package frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chunky pasta sauce with mushrooms and green pepper
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, for topping.
- Cook ground turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, breaking as it cooks. Remove from heat and stir in oregano and crushed red pepper.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta cheese, Italian cheese blend and spinach.
- Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of your casserole crock slow cooker.
- Top with half of the noodles, overlapping if necessary.
- Add half the turkey mixture, another cup of pasta sauce and half of the water.
- Spread half of cheese mixture over ingredients in your slow cooker. Repeat layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Top with remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Let stand for 10 minutes with cover on before serving.
- If desired, sprinkle each lasagna piece with basil.
Twisted Mac and Cheese
As if traditional macaroni and cheese wasn't already deliciously mouth-watering enough, here is the ultimate recipe for spicing up your mac and cheese casserole. Loaded with vegetables, sausage, breadcrumbs and three different cheeses, this dish is sure to be a hit.
- 1/2 pound cooked andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 box elbow macaroni, pre-cooked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 parsley, finely minced.
- Add sausage and macaroni to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, Velveeta and Monterey Jack cheese and pour over sausage and pasta.
- Top with black pepper, red peppers and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, mixing several times throughout.
- With 1 minute remaining, top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Once heat is turned off, allow casserole to sit for 15 minutes with cover on.
- Top with parsley before serving.