Put Together Some Slow Cooker Asian Chicken [VIDEO]
Looking for a dish that's as tasty as it is easy to make? Whether you're trying to impress your visiting in-laws or it's your turn to host girls' night, you'll want to pick a dish that's guaranteed to please a wide range of people.
Try this slow cooker Asian chicken recipe to wow your guests. Serve it with a side of plain rice or pasta, as the tangy meat and vegetable flavors will be enough to entice the palate.
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, canned, drained and sliced
- 4.5 ounces whole mushrooms, jarred and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts, boneless
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Coat the bottom of your Crock-Pot® Manual Slow Cooker with nonstick spray. Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the appliance, then top with green and yellow peppers, onion, garlic, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Drizzle ground ginger, hoisin sauce and cayenne pepper over the meat and vegetables. Cover the slow cooker and set on low for eight hours, or high for four.