How do I care for my removeable stoneware?
- Do not preheat the slow cooker.
- Your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker makes a great server for hot beverages or dips. Keep it on the low setting to maintain the proper serving temperature.
- A Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker does not have direct heat at the bottom. Therefore, always fill the stoneware at least half full to conform to recommended times. If you fill the stoneware less than half full, please note that cooking time will be affected.
How do I clean my Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker?
- ALWAYS turn your slow cooker off, unplug it from the electrical outlet, and allow it to cool before cleaning.
- The lid can be washed in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water.
- For models with removable stoneware, you can remove the stoneware and wash in the dishwasher or with hot, soapy water. Do not use abrasive cleaning compounds or scouring pads. A cloth, sponge, or rubber spatula will usually remove any residue. To remove water spots and other stains, use a non-abrasive cleaner or vinegar.
- As with any fine ceramic, the stoneware and lid will not withstand sudden temperature changes. Do not wash the stoneware with cold water when it is hot.
- The outside of the heating base may be cleaned with a soft cloth and warm, soapy water. Wipe dry. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
CAUTION: Never immerse the heating base in water or other liquid.