Featured Community Recipe
MEET THE MAKER OF THIS
MONTH'S DELICIOUS CREATION:
Karly - Buns In My Oven I'm Karly, the blogger behind Buns In My Oven. I'm a homeschooling mama of two and married to my high school sweetheart. I love spending time in the kitchen creating new recipes for my family and yours!
Slow Cooked Honey Chipotle Meatballs I love a good meatball recipe and these are perfect for game day. They’re sweet, spicy and simple–just combine everything in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker and walk away. In a few short hours, you’ll have a snack that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Learn more about the recipe here.
THE STORY BEHIND:
Slow Cooked Honey Chipotle Meatballs
SLOW COOKED HONEY CHIPOTLE MEATBALLSby Karly Campbell
The following recipe is sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand. These simple meatballs are perfect for game day. Everyone loves the sweet and spicy sauce, and I find the guys hovering around the snack table eating them throughout the whole game. I keep them pretty mild for the kids, but you can increase the chipotle powder to give them even more of a spicy kick.
You’ll need adobo sauce for this recipe. It’s dark red and made of herbs, ground chiles, and vinegar. Chipotle peppers are often packed in adobo sauce.
I like to keep these meatballs in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker on warm alongside a pile of toothpicks and a bowl of ranch dressing for easy dipping. They’re also good in a slider roll with a drizzle of ranch!
Check out the recipe below:
- 40 frozen meatballs, about 2.5 pounds
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup ranch dressing, for dipping
1. Add meatballs to a 6-quart Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
2. Add honey, ketchup, adobo sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle pepper powder to a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
3. Pour sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat.
4. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, stirring once an hour.
5. Stir well and sprinkle with green onions.
6. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.