Explore our recipes and get inspired to create something uniquely your own!
Discover unique creations from
our community members.
MEET THE MAKER OF THIS
MONTH'S DELICIOUS CREATION:
Stephanie – Spaceships and Laser Beams Stephanie Keeping is wife to Mike and mom to a gorgeous boy named Sam. She's also a blogger and Etsy-preneur. She celebrates boyish charm at Spaceships and Laser Beams, where she talks about all things boy and birthday party. Keep up with her adventures on social media!
Apple Butter BBQ Baby Back Ribs It's fall, so the flavors of apples and barbecue are especially appealing. I adore the tantalizing scent of these Apple Butter BBQ Baby Back Ribs and the way the ingredients meld while slow cooking. Learn more about the recipe here.
THE STORY BEHIND:
Apple Butter BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Apple Butter BBQ Baby Back Ribsby Stephanie Keeping
The following recipe is sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand. Have you noticed how tastes and menu choices sort of shift with the seasons? Right now as we're going into fall, apples and barbecue are especially appealing. I guess it reminds me of growing up in the Midwest and family trips to the orchard where we loaded up on seasonal bounty.
My mom would make all kinds of recipes with the apples—pies and dumplings were just the beginning. The fragrance of apples morphing into Crock-Pot® slow cooker applesauce? Yes! It’s still one of my fall favorites.
I also adore the tantalizing scent of these Apple Butter BBQ Baby Back Ribs and the way the flavors meld in this cooking method. I have a brand new Crock-Pot® slow cooker and it makes the pairing irresistible.
Ready to try this autumnal delight? Here’s my recipe!
Check out the recipe below:
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small gala apples, cored and sliced
- ½ sweet onion, sliced in ½ inch rounds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup unsweetened apple butter
- Cut the membrane off the back of the ribs. Use a paring knife to gently cut along the edge and then peel off.
- Season both sides of ribs with salt and pepper.
- Layer ribs, apples and onions in the bottom of the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Turn on low for 4½ - 6½ hours, rotating the ribs halfway through.
- Remove the ribs from the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Remove apples and onions with a slotted spoon and drain the liquid. Return the apples and onions to the bottom of the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Mix together BBQ sauce and apple butter. Pour over one side of the ribs and return to the Crock-Pot® slow cooker, sauce side down. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top.
- Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and serve.
FEELING INSPIRED? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
get exclusive offers,
recipes and tips
Sign up below to receive Crock-Pot® brand emails.Benefits include:
at your finger tips