Explore our recipes and get inspired to create something uniquely your own!
Discover unique creations from
our community members.
MEET THE MAKER OF THIS
MONTH'S DELICIOUS CREATION:
Shelly – Cookies & Cups
Shelly Jaronsky is the popular food and travel blogger behind the website Cookies & Cups and author of The Cookies & Cups Cookbook.
Shelly grew up in Texas and attended University of Houston and Baylor University, graduating in 1999. She has lived in Warren County, New Jersey since 2002 with her husband, four sons and 2 dogs.
Slow Cooker Steak Roll-Ups Busy families always need a tasty recipe that can be prepared in no time. I hope your family loves the meal you can find here.
THE STORY BEHIND:
Slow Cooker Steak Roll-Ups
SLOW COOKER STEAK ROLL-UPSby Shelly Jaronsky
The following recipe is sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand. Steak is always a hit—but it usually takes time to pick the perfect cut and season it to perfection. Imagine having a beautiful steak dinner in the middle of a busy week!
The inspiration for these Steak Roll-Ups came to me one morning when we had planned on having friends over for dinner, but I didn’t have a lot of prep time during the day. We had a busy weekend ahead and I knew there wouldn’t be a lot of time before our guests arrived that evening. I wanted to serve something elegant, but not too fancy. The great thing about these Steak Roll-Ups is they can be prepped even a day in advance! You simply place the roll-ups in your Crock-Pot® slow cooker, top it with your favorite tomato sauce and cook on low or high heat. They serve up beautifully, and can be paired with pasta, rice or a green salad.
Check out the recipe below:
- 2 lbs. top round steak
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 12-14 oz. jar tomato sauce
- Slice steak evenly into 6 strips and pound until they are 1/4 inch thick.
- Mix the salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Divide each vegetable into 6 portions. Place a portion of each vegetable in the center of each of the pounded steaks. Sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Roll the steak up around the vegetables and hold them together with a toothpick.
- Heat your Crock-Pot® slow cooker to sauté*. Drizzle the vegetable oil in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker and brown each steak roll on each side, working 3 at a time.
- Place all the steak rolls in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker, cover with tomato sauce and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat or 3-4 hours on high heat.
- Serve warm over pasta or rice.
FEELING INSPIRED? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
get exclusive offers,
recipes and tips
Sign up below to receive Crock-Pot® brand emails.Benefits include:
at your finger tips