Slow-Cooked Coconut Curry Tofu and Spinach
Slow cooking with a healthy twist can help to give you a boost of energy and nutrition. This fresh and zesty coconut curry tofu and spinach dish filled with veggies will be a welcomed meal. Made from soy milk, tofu has a number of nutrients, minerals and vitamins and it's rich in calcium, iron and amino acids. As a great source of protein, tofu will keep you feeling full and energized long after that last bite.
When you make this recipe in your Crock-Pot® 5-Quart Countdown Digital Slow Cooker, you gain the optimal convenience in preparation time. With the digital timer you can program cook times from 30 minutes up to 20 hours, so that your meal is hot and ready as soon as you walk in the door. If cooking time is up before you arrive home, the slow cooker will automatically switch to the WARM setting and the timer begins to count up. Combining flexibility with healthy options, it doesn't get much better than this.
Coconut Curry Tofu and Spinach
Slow cooked with creamy coconut milk, peanut butter and a variety of spices, this curry tofu blends together for an unforgettable flavor with a hint of sweetness. To complete this dinner, serve the curry over a bed of cooked brown rice.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 4 lime wedges (for garnish)
- Use a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Liner to cover the inside of your 5-quart slow cooker.
- Pour in cornstarch and broth and stir until cornstarch dissolves completely.
- Stir in peanut butter, curry paste, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add red pepper, tofu and mushrooms and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high and stir in coconut milk, lime juice and baby spinach.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve curry over brown rice and garnish with lime wedges.