Football season is underway and it's all about camaraderie, high energy, cheering on your favorite team each week and of course, lots of delicious food. When your home team is playing its biggest rival and you're gathered with friends in the living room, we've got you covered with a game-day menu for homegating. Each of these game-day inspired dishes can be easily prepared and served in your favorite NFL Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders
A true football game just isn't complete without buffalo chicken. Shredded and slow-cooked, this buffalo chicken recipe foregoes the bones and the unhealthy frying of wings. You're left with deliciously spicy chicken that serves perfectly on easy-to-eat slider buns.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sliced cheese
- Ranch dressing, if desired for topping
- Slider buns
- Add chicken and 3/4 of buffalo wing sauce into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred, using two forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker.
- Add dry ranch dressing mix, butter and remaining buffalo sauce.
- Stir until the butter is melted and ingredients are well-mixed.
- Serve on slider buns with your choice of cheese and if desired, ranch dressing.
Chipotle Lime Chicken Wings
Another recipe bursting with spicy flames, this zesty chicken wing recipe also has a touch of sweetness with the limes. Be sure to serve these wings with extra napkins!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoons water
- Juice of 2 limes, plus more for serving
- Zest of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken wings in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine chipotle, water, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over wings and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until wings are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and pour wings onto them.
- Broil until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze with limes and serve hot.
Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa Bites
Impress your guests with this recipe for mouth-watering bourbon glazed bites of kielbasa. If desired, you can swap the bourbon out for apple juice. Serve with toothpicks and be sure to make a double batch of these because they'll go quick!
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or apple juice
- Add the sliced kielbasa to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine apricot preserves, maple syrup and bourbon or apple juice.
- Pour mixture over kielbasa.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Loaded Potato Skins
Another classic of homegating, potato skins loaded with crispy bacon, cheese and the works are sure to be a fan favorite among your guests.
- 12 potatoes
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Rinse the baking potatoes well and then prick each with a fork a few times.
- Lay potatoes on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove cooked baked potatoes from the slow cooker and use fork to open into halves.
- Fluff the inside of the potato with the tines of the fork.
- Top each potato with butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.
- Serve warm on plates or napkins.