Fall-Inspired Drinks to Make in Your Slow Cooker
There's nothing quite like wearing your favorite comfy sweater, hearing the crunch of the leaves beneath your feet and sipping a deliciously warm drink on a beautiful fall day. While you're out picking pumpkins or taking in the scenic hues of the autumn season, have one of these three fall-inspired hot beverages waiting for you to enjoy when you return home.
And if you use the Crock-Pot® Single Hand Cook & Carry® 6-Quart Oval Slow Cooker, you can bring it on over to family or friends instead. Designed to make transport easier than ever, this slow cooker is perfect for making your favorite warm drink or cocktail, then taking it to go!
Maple Pumpkin Spiced Latte
The perfect combination of sweet and creamy, this coffee-inspired drink will warm you up on even the chilliest of days. This is a fun beverage to enjoy with friends, especially if you opt for a splash of rum in each glass.
- 4 cups espresso or very strong coffee
- 8 cups milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (plain, not flavored)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Rum, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- Brew espresso or, if using a drip coffee maker, brew very strong coffee.
- Combine espresso or coffee, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Cover and set on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- If desired, add 1 shot of rum to each mug before pouring the latte.
- Top each mug with whipped cream.
- Any leftovers can be saved and reheated later.
Caramel Apple Cider
Compliment the fruity, fresh apple flavor of cider with a seasonal splash of caramel. This warm and tasty libation is great for enjoying after a day at the apple orchard or an evening cheering on your local football team.
- 12 cups apple juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup jarred caramel sauce, plus more for topping
- Whipped cream
- Heat apple juice and cinnamon sticks in your slow cooker for 4 hours on high.
- The cinnamon sticks should be softened and uncurled.
- Just before serving, stir in 1/2 cup of caramel sauce and blend well.
- Serve in mugs and drizzle with additional caramel sauce for a garnish.
Spiced White Hot Chocolate
Perfect for spicing up a lazy Sunday morning spent reading the newspaper, serve this decadent treat with fresh-baked muffins and scones. It'll make your weekend just a little more indulgent and relaxing.
- 8 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Cover and set on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and serve hot.