4 Tasty Drinks to Make in Your Slow Cooker
Spring is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate the welcomed warm sunshine than with a tasty fruit punch on the patio? From fresh fruit drinks to lemonade and chai teas, there are a number of punches you can create in your slow cooker. Most recipes require a larger 5-quart slow cooker, but if you're only expecting a few guests, cut the recipe in half and use the festive purple polka-dotted Crock-Pot® 2.5-Quart Manual Slow Cooker for your spring concoctions.
Fresh Fruit Punch
Sip into spring with this fresh and tropical recipe for fruit-filled punch. This bright, refreshing drink not only tastes delicious, but it looks great in the center of a brunch spread as well.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 bottle sparkling water (1.5 liters)
- 6 cups chopped watermelon, seeded
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup chopped papaya
- 1 cup chopped pineapple.
- Add the sugar and water to your Crock-Pot® 2.5-Quart Manual Slow Cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, or until the mixture is clear.
- Set aside to cool or refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a punch bowl, combine the sugar mixture, wine and sparkling water. Mix well.
- Add the chopped watermelon, mango, papaya and pineapple.
- Serve cold.
Mixed Berry Punch
For a slightly darker, juicier fruit punch of dark berries, try this recipe. It's perfect for serving with an afternoon snack.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water.
- Add the frozen blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon on top.
- Pour sugar and water over fruit.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Taste for sweetness and add more sugar if needed.
- Let fruit punch come to room temperature, then strain fruit if desired.
- Pour punch into a carafe or punch bowl for serving.
It's never too late in the year to enjoy a hot cup of chai tea. Create a batch of this warm, sweet and spiced tea to serve at your next brunch or to enjoy with your morning paper as you listen to the birds chirping outside.
- 3 1/2 ounces fresh gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25 whole cloves
- 15 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 cinnamon sticks, 3 inches in length
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 3 1/2 quarts water
- 8 individual black tea bags.
- Bring the gingerroot, cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and peppercorns together and place on the double thickness of a cheesecloth.
- Tie together securely with a string to enclose the seasoning.
- Add the spice bag and water to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add black tea bags, cover and seep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and spice bag.
- Stir in milk if desired, serve warm.
There's no better way to create a giant batch of sweet and tasty lemonade than with your slow cooker. Break out your 6- or 7-quart slow cooker and follow this recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 12 cups cold water.
- Combine the sugar and water in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for about 1 to 2 hours, stirring to dissolve sugar completely.
- Add lemon juice and allow mixture to cool.
- Pour in remaining cold water and let chill.
- Serve cold and enjoy!