Slow-Cooked Cheesy-Spinach and Artichoke Crab Dip
When it comes to serving the perfect appetizer, it's all about tasty dishes that are impressively exciting and delicious, yet require minimal preparation. That is why this recipe for artisan-style Cheesy-Spinach and Artichoke Crab Dip makes for the ideal appetizer at any event.
Cheesy-Spinach and Artichoke Crab Dip
Warm, cheesy and flavorful, the texture and taste of this crab dip is absolutely incredible. This appetizer is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser at parties and weekend get-togethers. It's served best hot, with crackers, pita bread or chips.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chili sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup crab, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Fresh chives, chopped (for garnish).
- Coat your Crock-Pot® 4-Quart Slow Cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- After butter is melted, combine all ingredients except for green onions, chives and lemon rind in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Stir in lemon rind.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and chives.
- Serve hot with your choice of crackers.
Bonus tip: If you prefer your dips hot and spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper and crushed red pepper before slow cooking.