Cheesy Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe
Searching for the perfect party appetizer or side dish for your family dinner? Look no further than this Instagram-worthy recipe for slow-cooked Monkey Bread. Warm, cheesy and full of rich garlic and Parmesan flavors, this delicious snack pulls apart easily with your hands, making it the perfect finger food for dipping into pasta sauces, creamy dips and more.
You can prep this dish in a matter of minutes and by using you Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker, you can easily transport this tasty bread anywhere you want to go!
Cheesy Garlic Monkey Bread
Even better than traditional garlic bread, this recipe makes soft, fluffy and moist bread for dipping that will have everyone asking for seconds - and thirds.
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package ready-to-make biscuits
- Use a liner or nonstick cooking spray to protect the inside of your slow cooker.
- Melt butter and set it aside in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the Parmesan, garlic powder, garlic salt and basil and mix well.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces and one by one, dip in the butter and then coat with the garlic and cheese mixture.
- Add all coated biscuit pieces, as well as any extra garlic and cheese mixture to a large plastic bag that seals tight. Shake well to coat.
- Carefully transfer bread pieces to slow cooker and spread evenly on the bottom.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 hours.
- Enjoy on its own or with the dipping sauce recipe below!
Veggie Tomato Sauce
The delicious bread above just isn't complete without an equally tasty dip to go with it. Pair the monkey bread with this zesty tomato sauce filled with savory vegetables and you almost have an entire meal of its own! And not only is it simple to make, but healthy as well.
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 3 zucchinis, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 7 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 8 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic
- Chop and dice the green peppers, zucchinis, onion and carrots.
- Toss these, along with mushrooms, tomatoes and spices into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve with monkey bread recipe from above. Enjoy!