Mediterranean Salmon With Just 10 Minutes of Prep
There's an easy way to cook from scratch a delicious and wholesome seafood dinner for you and your family. Slow cooking is not just a convenient way to prepare this salmon dish with a Mediterranean flair, but it's also the best way to perfectly blend the spices and fresh vegetables to bring out their rich flavors. It takes just 10 minutes of preparation to make this healthy salmon dinner that's filled with Omega-3 and plenty of hearty veggies.
Slow cooking in the Crock-Pot® 7-Quart Manual Slow Cooker helps to simplify your meal preparation time! This recipe yields about 4 to 5 servings, so if you have a larger family you can easily double the ingredients. One of the best parts of this recipe is its versatility - all seasoning and vegetable measurements can be altered depending on personal preference and taste.
Inspired by the rich food traditions from the coast of Greece, this salmon recipe brings mouth-watering and savory flavors.
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Insert a liner into your 7-quart slow cooker.
- Place salmon fillets on aluminum foil and season with half of garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper and olive oil.
- Top with garlic, sliced onion, zucchini, red bell pepper and tomato.
- Cover with remaining spices and olive oil.
- Wrap everything together in tin foil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Serve with pasta, rice or couscous.