Warm Up With These Recipes After a Day of Shoveling Snow
After a long afternoon of shoveling snow you deserve a meal that's not only warm and hearty, but irresistibly delicious as well. This winter, reward your hard work with one of these savory and substantial slow-cooked meals made in your Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Stovetop-Safe Cooking Pot.
Slow-Cooked Lamb Ragu
It doesn't get much better than the rich, savory flavor created by simmering your ragu all day long. Just knowing that you have this robust, juicy browned meat simmering while you work through those snow piles is enough to make your mouth water.
- 1 pound stew lamb, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 big carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 can peeled whole plum tomatoes
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked pasta of your choice.
- Pat lamb chunks dry with paper towels and coat liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add the lamb along with chopped onions, carrots and garlic to your slow cooker.
- Then add the rosemary, fresh sage and red wine.
- Crush the tomatoes in the can using a fork and then add them, and their juices, to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours (the longer it cooks, the more tender it will be)
- Before serving, go through the dish with two forks to break up any remaining meat chunks.
- Serve over bed of your favorite pasta, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Slow-Cooked Beef Brisket and Onions
Another great meal for a cold winter's night, this amazing and satisfying recipe for brisket and onions is sure to be a big hit with the whole family.
- 3 1/2 pounds beef brisket
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow or red onions, sliced in half moons
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook onions in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes until they have lightly caramelized.
- Pat the beef brisket dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and turn your vent fan on. Sear the brisket until a golden brown crust appears on both sides of the meat.
- Then, place the brisket in your slow cooker - fatty side up.
- Sprinkle minced garlic on top of meat, then add in the cooked onions.
- In a bowl, mix the broth, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce together. Then pour into slow cooker over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the brisket is very tender.
- The brisket can be sliced or shredded right away, and served with the onions and juices.