Slow Cooker Gingerbread Lattes and Pomegranate Spiced Wine
Your slow cooker can really shine when it comes to making delicious drinks for holiday parties or cozy winter weekends with family and friends. A slow cooker worthy trying out this season is the Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker with iStir™ Stirring System. Thanks to the automatic stirring function, you can relax and socialize without having to run back and forth to the kitchen. Following a two-hour delay, the system will activate on its own to stir your special drink every 30 minutes to thoroughly and evenly blend the flavors.
Spice up your holiday season with these fun recipes for your slow cooker:
Gingerbread Pumpkin Lattes
This deliciously warm recipe blends the autumnal flavor of pumpkin with the bliss of a festive gingerbread latte.
- 12 cups milk, 2 percent, whole or almond
- 6 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons molasses (optional)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 5-inch cinnamon sticks
- Pinch cloves
- Lightly whipped cream (for topping)
- Ground nutmeg (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients except for topping and garnish to your slow cooker.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, until heated through.
- Ensure that it does not boil.
- Before serving, stir well again and taste.
- Add more sugar or other ingredient if needed.
- Serve warm in mugs with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg.
Spiced Pomegranate Mulled Wine
The aroma of slow cooking wine, with the distinct spices of cinnamon and orange, is the perfect way to add some seasonal character to your home when entertaining.
- 2 oranges
- 8 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks, 3-inches in length
- 2 bottles red wine
- 2 bottles pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup honey (or sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- Cut oranges in half and then slice, reserving one half.
- In the saved half, stick the cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks into the skin.
- Place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Gently pour red wine, pomegranate juice and honey on top to cover orange and spices.
- Add remaining sliced oranges.
- Stir in allspice.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve warm and enjoy!