Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Whether you're still a kid at heart or just truly appreciate the delicious simplicity of mac and cheese, there's nothing like digging into that first bite of cheesy goodness. For all you pasta and cheese lovers out there, you'll be pleased to hear that there is a gourmet-style chicken pasta dish that can be prepared in just minutes and then cooked to perfection in your slow cooker. Not only is this meal delicious and simple to make, it's also bursting with buffalo flavor.
The next time you're in the mood for a true comfort food meal, break out your Crock-Pot® 5-Quart Countdown Digital Slow Cooker and craft this buffalo chicken pasta dish.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Creamy, hearty and cheesy, this buffalo chicken pasta dish meets all the criteria when you're deciding on what to make for that neighborhood picnic, friend's get-together or Sunday family dinner. It is just one of those meals that everyone can agree on, and best of all, it's easy for you to make!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix (dried packet kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/5 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch, plus 1 tablespoon water
- 16 ounces linguine noodles
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Top with cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove and use two forks to shred.
- Add to bowl and cover with remaining 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce.
- Combine water and cornstarch, whisk well and add to slow cooker.
- Continue to stir until cheeses are combined and smooth.
- Break linguine in half and add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken on top of pasta and sauces, cover and cook on HIGH for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring several times.
- Noodles should be cooked through when finished.
- If necessary, add broth or water for noodles to continue cooking.
- Serve warm on plates and top with fresh cilantro.
Sunbeam Products, Inc. d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions has not tested these recipes and is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, cooking times, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking abilities. Please always use your best judgment when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, chicken or fish.