Making the Best Ham for Your Spring Celebrations
Savory roasted ham with the ideal homemade glaze isn't just for the holidays. It's an easy slow-cooked meal that can be made and served throughout the year for all of the parties and gatherings you attend. Large enough to feed a crowd, ham is a classic centerpiece no matter the occasion. And, you can easily switch up the glaze depending on the season. While you may prefer a maple glaze in the winter, a slightly more sweet and fruity pineapple brown sugar ham is great for warmer weather.
This spring, the Crock-Pot® 7-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker is exactly what you need to seamlessly bring this slow-cooked dish to all of the celebrations. An easy-to-use locking lid with extra seal and on-the-go features ensure that this deliciously glazed ham gets from point A to point B without any mess or hassle. Carry handles make it easy to take this slow cooker on the road with you, no matter where your spring festivities take you!
Pineapple Brown Sugar Ham
Slightly acidic and mostly sweet, the tropical pineapple fruit brings a lot of flavor to this brown sugar and honey glazed ham. It's the perfect touch of flavor for a spring meal.
- 3 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 ham, pre-cooked and spiral cut, bone in or out will work
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- Use a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Liner.
- Pour 2 cups of the brown sugar on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Lay ham on top of brown sugar.
- Use your hands to gently pull open the slices.
- Evenly pour the honey over the ham.
- Pour pineapple chunks and juices on top of ham and around sides.
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.