3 Ways to Make Cauliflower Casserole in Your Slow Cooker
Cauliflower is an underrated veggie that tastes great when featured in savory casseroles. Now that it's in season, it's the perfect time to experiment with different recipes that call for it. Try some of these great cheesy dishes that are packed with the vegetable and also feature other crowd favorites like broccoli and chicken. Be sure to use your Crock-Pot® Programmable Casserole Crock Slow Cooker for an evenly cooked, effortlessly prepared dish every time.
1. Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Broccoli and cauliflower may look similar, but each one has a completely different taste. Add them both to your casserole for extra nutrients and flavor.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, separated
- 1 medium broccoli head, separated
- Cooking spray
- 1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 6 slices American cheese.
Fill a large pot with water and add cauliflower and broccoli. Bring water to a boil, then remove from heat and drain. Mash the vegetables well. Line your slow cooker with cooking spray, then place the mashed veggies inside. Add cream of mushroom soup, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir contents together, then sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of the mixture. Evenly place slices of cheese on top, then cover and cook on low for 2 hours. When the time is up, you'll have a cheesy, nutritious casserole that's just waiting to be enjoyed by the whole family!
2. Bacon and Potato Cauliflower Casserole
With bacon, cheese, potatoes and cauliflower, what's not to love? Your family will take one bite of this tasty dish and request it for many dinners to come.
- Cooking spray
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 32-ounce package frozen hash brown potatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Coat your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place cauliflower, onion, bacon bits, butter, cream, both cheeses and garlic powder in your slow cooker. Mix in hash brown potatoes, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on low for 4 hours.
3. Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole
If you want to add more substance to your casserole, try adding some chicken. You'll get a hefty serving of protein that pairs perfectly with the cheese and veggies that this recipe calls for.
- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 8 ounces sliced brown mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Place all ingredients except for cream and cheese in slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours. Once time is up, stir in cream and cheese, then let stand for several minutes so the mixture will thicken. Serve and enjoy!